Thursday, August 9, 2007

oh no!

I'm going white water rafting this weekend...dum, dum, dum. I just pray to the good Lord that my ass stays in that damn raft!!! I really think I would panic and drown if I fell off. God, I'm so not looking forward to this!

For the past 3 1/2 yrs Adam has been under the impression that I love white water rafting, but I don't blame him for thinking that. Here's why: when Adam and I first started dating he invited me to go on a white water rafting trip with him and his friends. Of course I didn't want to go but, like an idiot I wanted to impress him so I said yes. I remember saying to him, "that would be so much fun, I love doing stuff like that". That was a complete lie!! I hate doing stuff like that! So we went, and I remember how terrified I felt as I was signing the waiver (I swear I think I literally had to use the bathroom before we got on the raft...that's how scared I was). Anyway, luckily I didn't fall off and the trip ended quickly...by the way, we were camping in the middle of no where, no cell phones, it was muggy and rainy, I had a huge cold sore on my lip, and a roach was taking a shower with me!!!! It was so nasty! But of course, I kept ranting and raving about how much fun it was...yeah right!!! We'll since I never told Adam how much I really hated white water rafting, he booked us another one of those fun trips with all of his friends!!!

Here's the moral of this story: Don't lie!

So tonight I thought I'd get some scrapping done before my wonderful trip. I felt pretty creative (which I haven't felt for a while) and created a couple layouts...



4 comments:

Candice P.J. said...

Such a funny story!!!

Your layouts are getting more and more awesome as time goes on! I absolutely LOVE the second one of Adam - The sanded edges and white circles are PERFECT!! Hurry up and make some more pages while you're feeling creative, because man alive, they are ROCKIN'!!!

Good luck this weekend!!!

marie antoinette said...

reneeeeee!!! that was such a compliment! a whole scrapbook page dedicated to moi??? seriously, that was humbling. i blushed when i read it. : )
i love you! please don't fall in the rapids!!!
LOOOOVE YOU!
p.s. now i see what you meant w/ the cups and the paint...it looks good!

Anonymous said...

Renee, I love your new pages!!!! Good luck this weekeend!!

Anonymous said...

Love the new layouts! Good luck on the trip- I went once, probably never again! Luckily my husband is more inclined to do the drunken tube float down the river than anything involving effort! And I agree, dont drown! We will miss the funny stories and new layouts!