Saturday, August 4, 2007

a newspaper scrapbook

I made this scrapbook in 2004 and I think it's still one of my favorites. Marie, Farah, Michelle, Sherri, and I went to Alaska to run (some of us walked) the Midnight Sun Marathon. We were a part of the Michigan chapter of Team in Training, a fundraising organization for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I wanted to make a scrapbook for our trip and Farah came up with an awesome idea... a NEWSPAPER scrapbook! It looks just like a newspaper. It opens up like one and the journaling is as if you were reading a newspaper! I love it! It's a few years old (back when I was obsessed with Chatterbox paper) but it's still one of my favorites. Take a look....

here's the front cover...

and this is what it looks like when you unfold it...


this is the 3rd page folded over...


and this is one of my favorite articles (journaling) that was featured in "health news". It probably doesn't make sense b/c you can't see the whole thing...but it's funny. The picture above the article is a picture of Marie reading her an entry in her journal that she wrote on the plane as she was on xanax! so funny!


I just started a new scrapbook. It's called "well said", I only have 1 page done but I plan on working on it a little bit today...i'll share soon...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool scrapbook idea Renee! I have yet to scrap my whole album from my TNT experience in Disney 05. Good for you that you've already done so and so creatively to boot! I am actually thinking about doing TNT again in 2008-am I crazy or what? LOL

marie antoinette said...

reneeeeee!!!! that brought back memories and made me laugh really hard. hahahahaha...that was the best! i wish we could go back and appreciate it fully..i feel like i didn't for some reason.

Anonymous said...

That is very cute! I had a chatterbox obsession too. I never used it, just bought and hoarded it all! Im finally breaking it out here and there!

Stacey said...

As you already know, this is one of my favorite projects that you have done. So creative.... even the pictures don't give it justice!

Staci Compher said...

such an awesome idea!!! Can't wait to see some new layouts....with your goodies from your DT kit!!! Was good seeing ya...saturday...even for a minute!! We need to crop soon!!

Vee said...

this is so cool! ;)