Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Rambling

1. Today gave me a new reason to hate cooking...i burnt the shit out of my wrist! I dropped an onion into the hot oil and it splashed on me. I really hate cooking!

2. I'm going to NYC in Jan. with my cousins and a friend...can't wait! It's gonna be a fun trip with the girls and can't wait to hit up some awesome stores. The first stop will be at The Ink Pad! FINALLY!

3. Cousin Chris comes home from LA tomorrow morning....yeah!!! We love it when he comes home! There is going to be some much needed laughter going on around here!

4. I booked a very random, spur of the moment trip today with Staci C. We're driving to VA to take 2 classes with our favorite scrapper...KRISTINA CONTES!!! Too bad it's so far away...Feb 16...we want to go this weekend!

5.I went to the Dept. of Human Services (family service office) today to get a central registry clearance for my new job. I happened to park next to a running car. I look inside and see 2 children (both in car seats) sitting in the car...alone!!! I wanted to report it the instant I saw them. I walk in, stood in line and debated whether or not I should say something as the lady 2 people in front of me was crying...literally, for some kind of help. I thought if i said something, she'd kick my ass, since she looked like those crackheads from intervention and she was already having a nervous breakdown. I quietly reported her to someone and I think I ruined her day even more when someone from the agency approached her and told her it was she shouldn't be doing that. Let's just say she went off on him and ended up having a bigger breakdown with him outside in the parking lot. As I was leaving, the agent was taking one kid out of the car as she was sobbing taking the other kid out.

The whole point of this story is what kind of idiot 1. leaves their 2 children (both in car seats) in a running, unlocked car and 2. at the DHS family services!! What a fuckin idiot!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) What were you cooking
2) Who's the friend coming with us to NYC
3) I think we'll have lots of laughs the rest of the week through New Years
4) I can't believe that idiot lady did that.
5) -- Cousin Farah

renee said...

Nickole..didn't you know she was coming with us?

Mishy said...

Yeah she was an idiot! poor kids! I hope, for the sake of those cute little kids, that that lady gets the help she needs!

Staci Compher said...

I am so excited that we are going to be taking a KC class!!!! I can't wait!!!!

Natalie said...

Yo! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You're driving down here to VA for Scrapbowl? Coolness...I'll be there!