Saturday, December 15, 2007

boo hoo

I bought a friend for our frog, rodney, along with a new tank. So now we have rodney and henry and they are so cute! I put them both in the bigger tank and added some water so they could get used to their new environment.

I went downstairs by the fire and took out a huge box of old pictures my mom had at her house. I sorted through hundreds of them. It was so heart wrenching to see my mom in those pictures and all of us so happy...the good old days.

After a few hours, I went upstairs to check out the snow storm we're having...there's tons of snow out there....kind of cool considering the fact that I hate snow! I then go check on our frogs and neither of them were moving! I put my finger on the new one to see if it would do anything...but nothing....he was dead! I shook the tank a little so the other one could move since he was stuck in the corner...he didn't move either!!! All of a sudden I burst into tears, sobbing over these stupid frogs....I cried to Adam "even my frogs die!"...and poor Adam put his hand on my shoulder to confort me as tears streamed down my face. "Don't cry, Renee, we'll get new ones." And then suddenly there was movement! Both of them were really alive! Those bastards tricked me!!

Maybe my little breakdown wasn't over the frogs after all...

8 comments:

marie antoinette said...

renee, you're gonna make me cry. :(

Chrissy said...

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson here.

renee said...

really marie? i thought it was a funny story...well after the fact! When adam realized they were alive, he's like "hey he's moving...and so is the other one" and we started cracking up!

Mishy said...

hahaha! how did i miss that??? I guess the 5 story fall didn't hurt them after all! haha!

Anonymous said...

aww, that story was sad and funny. i'm glad they are alive and i love their names!

marie antoinette said...

i like the name henry for a baby boy. but that baby would have to be born w/ a beard and a pipe.

Mishy said...

RENEE!!! WHY CAN'T PEOPLE LEAVE COMMENTS ON MY PAGE!!!! I'M SERIOUSLY GONNA CRY!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Renee, I think those two frogs taught you a valuable lesson...Don't panice too easily, just relax. You can learn a lot from a couple of amphibians. Also, I hope you're sure about their sexes like you did with poor Joan.

--Cousin Farah