Sunday, April 8, 2007

Late

We are always late to church on Sundays! Always! And we live right down the street, literally. We are so close that if we left our house at 9:59, we'd get there at 9:59...but we are still always late!! I must say that it is my fault. Every Sunday, Adam gets ready and sits in his car waiting for me. I'm not sure why he does that, but he literally sits in the car for about 10 minutes waiting for me. Maybe he thinks that I would start hurrying, who knows? Anyway, the whole point of the story is this...

I started getting ready at 6:30 last night for our 8:00 Easter mass. I was still late and, as usual, Adam was waiting in the car. We got there at 8 and the priest was already entering the church. Adam was annoyed. We walked in and there was not a single seat left. Adam was annoyed. We had to sit in the kids area. Adam really was annoyed. There was a screaming kid whose parents just let him scream. Adam was so annoyed. The kid was actually annoying me more than he was annoying Adam, so we just left. I feel bad for leaving church but that was no way to hear mass. This was the first year, in 29 years, that I missed Easter mass. Oh well, I guess I just need to speed it up, esp. on Sundays...

4 comments:

Cousin Farah said...

If it was Chaldean church it would've been okay since everyone's late there.

marie antoinette said...

don't worry, renee. i went to church for all of us this year. (three hours!!!)

Anonymous said...

At least you had good intentions....

Cousin Farah said...

Is that what you told God that day, "I guess I just need to speed it up".