Thursday, January 10, 2008

no pain, no gain

that statement better be true cause training is KILLING me! I am not exaggerating when I say that I had to hold my breath while walking down the steps today...it was SO painful. Michelle and I did almost a full hour of squats yesterday and let me tell you, those bad boys are NOT fun! I'm so not looking forward to the next training session!

So this morning before class I stopped by my dad's to fill up my thermos with his delicious tasting coffee (i don't know what he does to it, but it really is the best coffee). I went to the bookstore to sell my old books from last semester and I only got $30 back!! Can you believe it...$30!? Absolutely ridiculous. I took my money and rushed to my morning class and left my favorite starbucks thermos filled with my yummy coffee at the bookstore! Then my temporary cell phone broke (mine broke yesterday). By this time I was really pissed and hot (from all the running around and pissy-ness). I got to class, sat down (which is also very painful), and took off my sweatshirt. I then realized I was wearing my shirt the wrong way...with the tag in front!!!! All this in just 1 hr! Needless to say, I had a prety shitty morning!

By the way, I still don't have my laptop. I should be getting it next week and then I'll be able to post some pics....can't wait!

15 comments:

Candice P.J. said...

That sounds like a typical "First Day Of School" nightmare! Tomorrow HAS to be better, huh?

marie antoinette said...

hahahaha..i was afraid you were going to say that you took off your sweatshirt only to realize you weren't wearing anything else under it!
btw i can totally see your dad making amazing coffee.

Mishy said...

I don't acknowledge the phrase "no pain, no gain"! It just doesn't make sense when it comes to working out. If I'm in pain I sure as all hell better not be gaining weight! Yesterday into today my lower abs are sore as are my inner thighs. But Renee, people think we did only squats for an hour! You forgot to mention the KETTLE BELLS we did with each set! (oww! coughing hurts, my abs are more sore today i think) I LOVE THIS FEELING!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL what a great first day, sounds like high school all over again!

Reta said...

yeah renee, i thought you were going to say you didn't have anything on under it either! i would have died laughing!!!

you guys have to ask your trainer if he knows anyone that will waive the initiation fee for me since I was a member before and just cancelled the associate membership in november (the one where you pay 4.99 a month to keep it active somehow).

ps..i've worked out with a few different trainers in my time, (anyone remember Mason??? LMAO) and I don't recall kettle balls!?

marie antoinette said...

sweaty kettle balls?
reta, yes i do remember mason. you're talking about the personal trainer who loved baseball and who you were so obsessed with you went out and bought a bat, a mitt and a copy of 'baseball for dummies'? that mason. yeah, i remember.
i just realized you have major stalker tendencies.

Mishy said...

they're kettle bElls. They're shaped like an old-fashioned tea kettle. they range from like 5 lbs to 50 lbs or something. As i was doing the 45 lb ones, my hands started slipping (they're hard to grip) and renee yelled at me causei kept stopping to readjust. and i said "you you!" to her. jj was so excited we were fighting....remember that renee?

Reta said...

marie, i was 16 and he was hot and a baseball player. so sue me that I wanted to have something to talk to him about. and I don't recall the baseball bat and mitt...i think you're exaggerating. I'm so not a stalker.

Anonymous said...

I DO!!! They were in the trunk of your champagne colored toyota corolla!!!

Anonymous said...

NEXT TO THE BALL AND BOOK! It's called selective memory.

Chrissy said...

haha renee your talking like Adam now! "those bad boys are not fun" haha adam would say that

Anonymous said...

this message is for adam:

can you please help me and my friends find a job like yours? thanks! i'll give u our brag books if u could pass them on!

i'm going to a job fair on thursday, and Forest is going to be there. are you?? i wish you could interview me.

good night

Mishy said...

yes, marie. you are right!

renee said...

foof, call us...maybe adam can help you get into forest. by the way, he hates being a pharm rep and is going to look for a new job.

Anonymous said...

i know u have school and all...but i think there should be some prioritizing with your blogging!