Friday, November 30, 2007

walmart invasion

for those of you who don't know my christmas tradition....i find an orphanage a month or so before christmas and my family and friends help me collect donations, volunteer, etc. My whole family gets involved and helps a TON..esp the girls you are about to see in the pics...

So our christmas party is on saturday and Farah, Michelle, and I headed to walmart to do our shopping...shopping for toys for over 100 kids!!! It was INSANE and tons of fun! It was toys galore...our carts were beyond full!

Here's the middle of our adventure through walmart...farah had to take over the kid count (ages,m,f, and how many of each) because Michelle and I kept losing track and were all over the place and so confused...but of course, Farah went through it so smoothly.


check out farah's cart....a kids dream!
Here are all three carts...the pictures do not do them justice! We even had a few things on the bottom of the carts!


And finally the $1,650.00 bill (by the way, no item that was bought was over $12.97)...and this was just the second stop (the first one was at a dollar store warehouse where we bought a shit load of stuff for only $630)!!

Then we had a little dilemma...getting all those bags in the car on top of the boxes we had in there from the dollar store. Take a look at the biggest driving hazard ever!! My car, which by the way is a TAHOE, was full to the rim...none of us could move...literally! I mean does it even look like we're sitting in a tahoe? It was absolutely crazy and so funny!

By the way, we still have more shopping...need to hit up Costco, Michaels, and Party Giant. We are so excited for saturday and can't wait to see the children's faces when the see what we have in store for them...i'll be posting pics of the christmas bash on saturday or sunday.

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

OMG thats freakin nuts!! Wish i could be there, I miss you guys, cant wait to come home for XMAS!

marie antoinette said...

aaawwwwww, i wish i was shopping w/ you guys! i'm looking forward to saturday.

Staci Compher said...

Renee....that's so awesome that you guys do this....and it looks like you guys had a blast doing it........

Anonymous said...

cant wait for saturday!

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of Renee, Michelle, and Janan who did a big chunk of the work. Seriously, you guys have done awesome so far. And, I really thought we were gonna get a ticket for all that stuff in the car. I mean we couldn't even move! Renee, you forgot to tell them about the bum who helped us load the stuff.
--Cousin Farah

Anonymous said...

SO MUCH FUN!!!!! but renee, i don't wanna see you or make another decision for you for another month! =)

-mishy

Anonymous said...

I think this is truly one of the most wonderful things I've stumbled across lately! This is such an awesome thing to do. I am proud to say that I know someone who did this. I would love to know how I could get involved in helping out. What a wonderful thing you are doing Renee your acts are just another reminder that angels are amoung us. You and your family are doing such a great thing. And this year it is in your Mom's memory! She is the angel among us guiding us to do for those who are less fortunate!