Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Surreal

This is so surreal...Her funeral was today. I just can't believe she's gone. I don't think that it has hit me yet, really. I'm just in such a state of shock. I can't believe I'll never be able to talk to her, hug her, laugh with her, shop with her, nothing....no matter where I look, she's just no where to be found. It scares me and breaks my heart so much!

Mom, I just don't know how I'm going to live my life without you! I love you with all my heart and soul!

This is the speech we said at the funeral today...it describes her perfectly.

Fun loving, generous devoted strong beautiful elegant…these words are only a fraction of what would describe our beloved Fatin. She was an amazing wife mother sister daughter and friend to so many. and touched the hearts and lives of all of us. She was so full of life. Everyone loved being around her because her joy and happiness was so contagious. She was always the life of the party and loved surrounding herself with family and friends.

Equally important as her family and friends, was her devotion to God. Fatin was one of the founding members of St. Toma. She was an active participant in all aspects of the church. Her faith carried her through her entire life, especially during her illness, not once uttering a word of complaint.

Although she lived a short life, it was filled with deep love and joy. She accomplished more than most would hope to in an entire life time. She is such an irreplaceable and unforgettable woman. She will be deeply missed but her spirit and memories will live on through all of us. We never wanted to let her go but we realize she was never ours to keep. She was called home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so understand that surreal feeling you are having. I just finsihed writing my Dad's eulougy which I have to read at his memorial mass on Saturaday morning. I know what you mean so much it hurts to think about it.

Chrissy said...

I miss her already.

Anonymous said...

Her presence will always be missed, but she holds a place in your hearts forever. You are going to miss seeing her and talking to her, but she will always be with you wherever you go. I wait for the day to see you guys smile again, and I know she does too. We all love you guys and will always be there for you.
--Cousin Farah

Anonymous said...

Renee...my heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry for your loss.

Jeniece