Monday, May 12, 2008

my friends are awesome!

I swear, I have the BEST friends!! If it wasn't for Janan, Chrystal, Foof, Carolyn, Marie, and Michelle, my event would have been a disaster! They literally saved an event I put together, a mother's day pamper party. Janan helped me set before the event (seriously, janan i can't say it enough...you saved me this morning!) and made all the women's appointments. I can't forget Marie and Michelle too! Of course, they came early and helped set up....we finished just in the knick of time! Marie was one of my eyebrow shapers, and Foof, Carolyn, and Chrystal were my manicurists!!! Oh and Michelle was my bitch : ) jk mishy, you know i would be lost without you...my partner, my #1 helper, and the godmother of my first unborn child! fyi everyone: michelle named her self "the bitch" for the event....funny girl!

So I was on my feet (in heals) from 9am-5pm today...never sat down. My feet are throbbing! But that didn't stop me from scrapbooking tonight. I made 2 quick pages for my random thoughts book......




and i've been wanting to scrapbook this picture of my mom (the one in the frame), but just don't have the heart to do it yet. I can barely look at this specific picture without crying. Although it's blurry, it's absolutely perfect. In my eyes, life with my mom seems like a blur...a life time ago...



mom, there's a huge hole in my heart. i need you. i want you back. i can't imagine living the rest of my life without you. i would have done anything to save you...anything. i miss you so much it hurts. what a sweet day it will be to be with you again....

6 comments:

marie antoinette said...

we're always here to help.
i love that layout you did of us three! thanks for the words.
your mom is so proud of you, i'm sure. look at all you've done for other people. you are loved and people love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I could help!! cool layouts and such a beautiful picture!

marisa said...

Renee- I am so proud of what you did for this event. I was talking to the moms and so many had never had a massage or even thought to get their eyebrows done. You made them feel so special. You did your Mom SO proud by making a huge difference to over 100 Moms. I feel so lucky to work with you and to have gotten to know you as a colleague and as a friend. M

Anonymous said...

any time! you know i love doing that stuff. even if it means canceling my chiropractor apt.!! (you still owe me a massage) you forgot to exclude the hour WITHOUT your heels when you were walking around BAREFOOT at a facility that has God knows what on that damn floor! i still can't get it out of my mind. hahahaha. i would take blisters over aids any day.

Janan

Staci Compher said...

sounds like the girls had your back.....lovin' the cool new pages!!.......

marie antoinette said...

hahahahaha..janan, i couldn't agree w/ you more! gross!