Wednesday, February 6, 2008

for the ladies...

I got this email today and had to share it. Of course, only the ladies (i think Chris and Adam are the only guys reading it anyway) will understand this. I mean really understand this. It's so funny!

Supposedly, it's an actual letter from an Austin woman sent to American company Proctor and Gamble regarding their feminine products. It's PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best webmail-award-winning letter. Enjoy....

Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your 'Always' maxi pads for over 20 years and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from the curse'? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my time of the month is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call 'an inbred hillbilly with knife skills.' Isn't the human body amazing?

As Brand Manager in the Feminine-Hygiene Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customers monthly visits from 'Aunt Flo'. Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps.? Crazy!

The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants... Which brings me to the reason for my letter. Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: 'Have a Happy Period.'

Are you f***ing kidding me? What I mean is, does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling, laughing happiness is possible during a menstrual period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James?? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl, there will never be anything 'happy' about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Walgreen's armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory.

For the love of God, pull your head out, man! If you just have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like 'Put down the Hammer' or 'Vehicular Manslaughter is Wrong', or are you just picking on us?

Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bull --I have a Potty Mouth--. And that's a promise I will keep. Always.

Wendi Aarons
Austin , TX

9 comments:

Mishy said...

hahahahahahahahaha! Oh that Wendy! How did she put together such perfect words to describe "that time of the month"? She's a clever one!

Candice P. Harrington said...

Love it!

Reta said...

seriously how perfect it's described. And guys??? I wish they could only understand what we have to go through

Anonymous said...

haha! i know! i always tell chris to imagine what it would be like for guys! grosssss!!!! they should have it to, it's only fair.

marie antoinette said...

haha..i like wendy.
it's funny, though. i don't have obvious urges like gunning someone down at walgreens. i have more subtle ones like if someone is chewing food obnoxiously and talking w/ their mouth open, i feel a surge of warmth pulsing through my body and it takes so much for me to disregard it as opposed to scream really loud and abruptly so as to shock them and possibly make them choke just a little bit.

Anonymous said...

now that is some funny shit! I've got to agree with senitment. Thanks for sharing Renee! I will be sure to pass it on.

Anonymous said...

that was very funny! i remember reading this before and it just reminds me of how "special" it is to be a woman...hahaha. but if u girls think that ur hormones are raging just from that special time just wait till u dont have it for nine months. what a blessing right? NOOOOOTTT!!! what ever u feel now magnify it by a million x2 +7.!

Chrissy said...

god that wendy really hit the nail on the head, i mean boy is she right! i hat when i spill tomato juice everywhere!!

Chrissy said...

lemme tell you long haired creatures something, i would take a once a month "mood swing" and some diaper rash to avoid having to spend the majority of my life trying to figure out how i am gonna pay the next bill for me and my wife. u guys have it easy, you dont have to bust your brain open every morning thinking about how your gonna afford a house, 2 kids and vet bills for a retarded dog. all you have to do is look cute and wait for some guy to come by that you like, and make sure he ends up liking you, and BOOM, set for life!... but as far as pregnancy is concerned, you girls really ate shit on that one.